Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Beginning …



As a young boy, I was always very curious about different coins and currency notes. However, I never seriously collected them. For many years I was occupied with busy college life, then my job, proving myself, learning new stuff etc.
Then I started focusing on many aspects which I was interested in back in school days. Currency notes collection was one of them but I didn’t have a clue how to collect notes professionally. I wanted to buy them from my colleagues who had gone abroad. The problem was that they always had high denominations which I simply couldn’t afford.
Finally, for my 24th birthday, I received the best gift in my lifetime. It was a set of over 20 currency notes from various nations. Later on, one of my friends kept on supporting me and my collection. I also managed to buy some items from other collectors.
I decided to collect at least one currency note from every country on this planet. I also thought that doing some research on the notes I have, would be a good idea. It was supposed to concern not only the country the notes come from but also words, emblems, signatures and images which are presented on each and every one of them.
As of today, I have over 120 currency notes from about 80 countries, but it doesn’t change the fact that I still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment